27 May 2009

It's been a while since I've had these...

So yesterday after school I went into the office for something, I can't remember what, and began having a pleasant conversation with Amazing VP and one of the admin assistants, who is a genuinely excellent human being.  Genuinely excellent admin assistant hands me a candy, which I unwrapped and when I looked at it I immediately knew what it was, and got supremely excited:
 
Шипучка (Šipučka) candy
Yes, this Ukrainian candy was in fact the same basic concept as Warheads, which I would buy with great gusto as a preteen mall rat.  Thankfully, the Ukie version is not oppressively sour, which would have rattled my fragile, post-teaching hours nerves -- but they still have the delightful effervescence thanks to the magic of malic acid! 

No comments: