23 October 2008

Pošta pre teba: Pani Carol

This summer with my Slovak class classmates, the question came up as to whether or not it was possible to speak Slovak with an American accent. I now know the extent to which it is possible, and I'm happy to share it -- here it is -- but it's really very impressive how grammatically correct she speaks. Pošta pre teba (Mail for you) is this show that reminds me of elements of a Clinton-era daytime talk favorite, Forgive or Forget with Mother Love. People come on the show because they're looking for some long lost friend, their biological parent or child, or to thank or recognize someone important in their lives for being so special -- there's also a door and a dramatic reveal. Alas, I'll have to make you watch the segment to see what happens at the end, because I don't want to give it away. They do such a great job of telling a story.

No comments: